1 (edited by tbuckland415 26-06-21 15:24:21)

Topic: Leeds guitar stores?

Hi everyone. I’m new to the forum and was hoping for recommendations for guitar stores in and around Leeds carrying decent stock (looking at Fender specifically as considering investing in a US Strat, but also looking at decent alternatives offering a similar range of tones).

My closest store is PMT Leeds where I bought my last guitar from. They have a great range but I didn’t have the best experience trying to get a fault resolved on my new guitar last time I made a big purchase. I’m not ruling them out by any means but I’m looking around the area for other options.

I’m happy to travel around: Manchester, Wakefield and York are within easy striking distance but so many of my go-to stores 10 years ago seem to have sadly disappeared in the last 18 months.

Someone suggested the Gear4Music store in York which I hadn’t realised existed. Can anyone recommend this store or anything else in the area?

Cheers

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Leeds guitar stores?

tbuckland415 wrote:

Hi everyone. I’m new to the forum and was hoping for recommendations for guitar stores in and around Leeds carrying decent stock (looking at Fender specifically as considering investing in a US Strat, but also looking at decent alternatives offering a similar range of tones).

My closest store is PMT Leeds where I bought my last guitar from. They have a great range but I didn’t have the best experience trying to get a fault resolved on my new guitar last time I made a big purchase. I’m not ruling them out by any means but I’m looking around the area for other options.

I’m happy to travel around: Manchester, Wakefield and York are within easy striking distance but so many of my go-to stores 10 years ago seem to have sadly disappeared in the last 18 months.

Someone suggested the Gear4Music store in York which I hadn’t realised existed. Can anyone recommend this store or anything else in the area?

Cheers
Tom

what fault was not resolved ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I had an issue with buzz and harmonics ringing on open strings. The fault was resolved by the store sending the guitar to the manufacturer for a set up and filing. It wasn’t the fault with the guitar that was the problem, rather the reaction of staff when I asked for assistance. This was a few years ago though.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I should add that the sales experience I had there was excellent and they spent a long time with me to make sure I took the right guitar home. I’ll be going back there for sure but I’m just looking for options to shop around.

Thumbs up Thumbs down