Topic: Cheap Ebay Guitars

If you search guitars on ebay (particularly electric) you'll find lots of cheap tempting offers lower than $100. The bad news is they all seem to be shipping from China or Hong Kong or some other Asian country. It's not that Im racist but I have this feeling I'll end up with a piece of junk...can anyone share experience with these cheap ebay guitars?

Check out my hobbyist guitar advice (and other random fun posts default/smile  ) blog! - http://www.ihatebarrechords.com

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Cheap Ebay Guitars

I haven't played any imports myself but from what I hear, the quality can be pretty good for the money you are paying!

I am thinking of having a Gibson ZACK WILYDE  mmmmmmmmmmm imported from china just to put on the wall in the hall.

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Will you be using a hanger, or nail through the neck method?  default/roll

I didn't get where I am today,
by being somewhere else.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MMMMMMMMMM nail though the body and neck. A good 8 inch er I think.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

have you heard the song ' slow boat to china ' well its the same one that they use to deliver here
[youtube]/watch?v=mjKkdRwbAEs&feature=related[/youtube]

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well its free shipping.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

kaoticnick wrote:

If you search guitars on ebay (particularly electric) you'll find lots of cheap tempting offers lower than $100. The bad news is they all seem to be shipping from China or Hong Kong or some other Asian country. It's not that Im racist but I have this feeling I'll end up with a piece of junk...can anyone share experience with these cheap ebay guitars?

Its very likely that you'll end up with junk.

The chances that you won't are very slim, but check feedback, because while you might be paying 100.00 you also are many times paying high shipping costs, so the offset is, a 100 guitar cost you 250.00, and that's before you learn if you got burned.  Keep in mind, its only a deal if it exceeds what a domestic product does at that price.  Lets put it this way, the day they start selling Edwards guitar's here on eBay for 200, I'm going to grab them by the truck load, because their quality and reputation is amazing, and this would be considered as crazy a deal as youre gonna find.  Theres a reason that even shipped overseas they command and recieve 800.00 and up for them.

Instructor

http://rnbacademy.com

Online Guitar Academy

Thumbs up Thumbs down