Topic: Greetings Everyone.

Hi everyone, my name is Michael and I come to you from North East England (County Durham to be more precise).

I have owned a guitar for many years but I have never really took the time to learn the scales, chords and general music theory behind writing my own music, as I was one of these people who bugged their parents for a guitar just so that I could learn to play some songs. I hope that will change here.

My favourite genre of music I would say is Metal in the Technical/Melodic Death category. The main reason I like this genre is simply due to the guitars. My favourite guitarists are probably:

Muhammed - Necrophagist
Karl Sanders - Nile
Dave Suzuki - Vital Remains

However, Metal isn't the only thing I enjoy, my musical taste is slightly more diverse, if you would like to know anymore please feel free to ask me default/smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Greetings Everyone.

Hello

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Blimey..... Hi,      default/cool

I didn't get where I am today,
by being somewhere else.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

WeLcome to the forum!

Have you written any of your own music?

welcome to the forum  default/smile

my lyrics, my guitar and my imagination

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks for the warm welcome default/smile

I haven't wrote anything of note. I was in a band a while a go and I came up with one of the slow rythm riffs, but other than that nothing really. I keep thinking up a riff in my head and thinking, "God, that would sound epic if I could actually write that!" and then I go and try it.... It never really works out the way I had imagined.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi and welcome!  default/big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down