Warm-Up Routines Before a Gig

Live performance tips, gig preparation, stage equipment, setlists, stage confidence and sound reinforcement advice.
Post Reply
User avatar
UKPete24
Guitar hero
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2026 8:38 am

Warm-Up Routines Before a Gig

Post by UKPete24 »

Hey everyone,

I’ve got a gig coming up next week, and I’m starting to think about my warm-up routine. I usually just play through a few songs, but I've heard that proper warm-up exercises can really make a difference in my playing and even help prevent injuries.

So, I’m curious—what sort of warm-up exercises do you guys find essential? Any specific finger drills or scales that you swear by? I want to avoid cramping up on stage, and I’d really appreciate any tips!

Cheers!
User avatar
sam54
Guitar hero
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2026 8:37 am

Warm-Up Routines Before a Gig

Post by sam54 »

I keep it pretty simple before a gig. I usually run through some basic finger exercises, like the chromatic scale, just to get the blood flowing. I find that playing slowly and deliberately helps me with dexterity. Also, a bit of stretching for my hands can’t hurt. It’s all about keeping things practical.
Post Reply