Finding My Guitar Voice: Any Tips?
- Andysounds91
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2026 9:05 am
Finding My Guitar Voice: Any Tips?
Hey everyone, I’ve been playing for a few years now and I’m starting to feel like I need to develop my own style rather than just copying my favourite guitarists. I’ve dabbled in rock and blues, but I’m struggling to figure out what truly resonates with me. I’m not sure if I should focus on one genre or keep mixing things up. How did you all find your signature sound? Any suggestions on how to explore this without getting overwhelmed?
- Leeacoustic81
- Guitar hero
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2026 8:31 am
Finding My Guitar Voice: Any Tips?
Hey Andysounds91! Finding your style can be a bit tricky, but I think it’s all about experimenting. When I was starting out, I tried playing along to a mix of genres. You might discover that certain techniques or chord progressions resonate more with you. Have you tried writing your own songs yet? It can really help you express what you enjoy!
- AmpTech1984
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2026 8:40 am
Finding My Guitar Voice: Any Tips?
Hi there! It's great that you're thinking about your own sound. One way to explore is by tweaking your gear a bit. For instance, changing your pedal setup can drastically affect your tone. Maybe try a few different settings or combinations to see what inspires you the most. It’s often in the technical side where you can find your unique voice!