Guitar Cases: Which Offers the Best Protection?

Relaxed discussion about music, musicianship, practice routines, inspiration and general music chat. Talk about anything music related.
Post Reply
User avatar
Daniel_uk
Guitar hero
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2026 8:31 am

Guitar Cases: Which Offers the Best Protection?

Post by Daniel_uk »

Hey folks. I’ve got a lovely Strat that I’m planning to take on a few gigs, but I’m not sure what type of case I should invest in. I’ve seen hard cases, soft cases, and even hybrids, and honestly, it’s a bit overwhelming. I get that a hard case might offer the best protection against knocks and bumps, but I've heard soft cases can be lighter and easier to carry.

What do you all prefer for your gear? Is the extra weight worth it for the hard case, or can a decent gig bag do the job without risking damage? Any recommendations or experiences would be really helpful! Cheers!
Post Reply