Must-Have Guitar Accessories for Beginners?

New to Guitar Forums? Introduce yourself, tell us about your musical journey, favourite guitar styles, gear and influences. Whether you’re a beginner guitarist, experienced musician or hobby player, this is the place to say hello and meet the community.
Post Reply
User avatar
shirls1993
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2026 9:05 am

Must-Have Guitar Accessories for Beginners?

Post by shirls1993 »

Hey everyone, I’ve been playing guitar for a few months now, and I’m starting to realise how much little accessories can affect my playing. I’ve got the basics like a tuner and a strap, but I keep hearing about other things that might be really useful, like capos or different types of picks. I’m not sure what’s worth investing in at this stage. What accessories do you think are essential, especially for someone just starting out? Any recommendations or personal experiences would be really helpful!
User avatar
Newbie
Guitar hero
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2026 5:50 pm

Must-Have Guitar Accessories for Beginners?

Post by Newbie »

Hey shirls1993! I’m also just starting out, and I’ve found a capo really helpful for changing the key of songs easily. Do you think it's worth getting one early on, or should I focus on other things first?
Post Reply