Struggling to Balance Traditional Songwriting with Tech

Discuss songwriting techniques, lyric writing, melody creation, chord progressions and composition strategies.
Post Reply
User avatar
Andysounds91
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2026 9:05 am

Struggling to Balance Traditional Songwriting with Tech

Post by Andysounds91 »

Hey all,
I've been playing guitar for a while now and recently tried my hand at songwriting. I've always been a bit of a traditionalist, sticking to pen and paper or just jamming out ideas on my guitar. But lately, I've been hearing a lot about using technology for songwriting—like DAWs, loop pedals, and even apps that help with chord progressions.
I’m curious if anyone else has made the switch from more traditional methods to using these tools. Do you find that tech enhances your creativity, or does it sometimes feel like it gets in the way? I’d love to hear your experiences, especially if you've found a good balance between the two. Cheers!
Post Reply