Hey all,
I've been playing guitar for a while now and recently tried my hand at songwriting. I've always been a bit of a traditionalist, sticking to pen and paper or just jamming out ideas on my guitar. But lately, I've been hearing a lot about using technology for songwriting—like DAWs, loop pedals, and even apps that help with chord progressions.
I’m curious if anyone else has made the switch from more traditional methods to using these tools. Do you find that tech enhances your creativity, or does it sometimes feel like it gets in the way? I’d love to hear your experiences, especially if you've found a good balance between the two. Cheers!
Struggling to Balance Traditional Songwriting with Tech
- Andysounds91
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2026 9:05 am
Struggling to Balance Traditional Songwriting with Tech
I’ve just started learning guitar, so I’m not sure about songwriting yet. But I’ve heard using apps can help with chords and melodies. Do you have any recommendations for beginners?
Struggling to Balance Traditional Songwriting with Tech
I’ve used both traditional methods and tech. Sometimes I’ll jot ideas down in a notebook, but other times I’ll plug my guitar into my DAW and see where that takes me. It’s all about what feels right in the moment!
- ClairDeLune
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2026 8:44 am
Struggling to Balance Traditional Songwriting with Tech
I think it’s great to mix both! Sometimes the tech can inspire new ideas you wouldn’t think of just playing. Just follow what feels good and don’t stress too much about the tools!
Struggling to Balance Traditional Songwriting with Tech
Finding that balance is key. I often start with a traditional idea, then take it into my DAW to flesh it out. Loop pedals are brilliant for layering ideas without losing the original vibe. It’s about enhancing your creativity, not replacing it.
Struggling to Balance Traditional Songwriting with Tech
I’ve been there, mate! Going from jamming with mates to using a DAW was a big change for me. Sometimes it can feel overwhelming, especially with all those options. But I think tech can really broaden your horizons if you let it. Just take your time!
Struggling to Balance Traditional Songwriting with Tech
Thanks for the tips! I’m thinking maybe I should try a loop pedal or an app to help me with my practice. Do you think they really make a difference for song development?