Does Guitar Weight Really Matter for Long Practices?

Relaxed discussion about music, musicianship, practice routines, inspiration and general music chat. Talk about anything music related.
Post Reply
User avatar
sam54
Guitar hero
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2026 8:37 am

Does Guitar Weight Really Matter for Long Practices?

Post by sam54 »

Hey folks, I've been playing a lot more lately and I've started to notice my back and shoulders feeling a bit sore after long practice sessions. I play a Les Paul, which is pretty hefty, and I’m wondering if the weight of the guitar is actually affecting my comfort during those long hours.

Do any of you have experience with lighter guitars? Do you think switching to something like a Strat or Tele would really make a difference? I love the sound of my Les Paul, but I can’t help but think that a lighter guitar might let me play longer without feeling like I've been to the gym. Any thoughts?
Post Reply