Struggling with Song Structures – Need Advice!

Discuss songwriting techniques, lyric writing, melody creation, chord progressions and composition strategies.
Post Reply
User avatar
Daniel_uk
Guitar hero
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2026 8:31 am

Struggling with Song Structures – Need Advice!

Post by Daniel_uk »

Hey everyone, I'm currently trying to write some songs and I'm stuck on choosing the right structure. I've been playing around with the classic verse-chorus format, but I feel like it's getting a bit predictable for what I want to express. I’ve heard about other structures like AABA, but I’m not too familiar with how to implement it or when it might be best to use. For those of you who write your own music, what structures do you find work best for you? Do you have any tips or examples that have really inspired you? I’d love to hear what you think!
Post Reply