Pedal Signal Flow Confusion

Discuss guitar effects pedals, pedalboards, signal chain order, tone shaping, stompbox reviews and effects setup advice.
Post Reply
User avatar
sam54
Guitar hero
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2026 8:37 am

Pedal Signal Flow Confusion

Post by sam54 »

Hey everyone, I’ve been trying to get my head around the best way to set up my pedalboard, particularly when it comes to signal flow. I’ve read a few different approaches, and honestly, I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed. I’ve got a few basic pedals like a tuner, overdrive, delay, and reverb, but I keep hearing mixed opinions on the order they should go in. Some say to put the overdrive first, while others swear by having modulation effects like chorus before distortion. I’m just trying to figure out what might work best for my tone without creating too much noise. How do you guys approach your pedal setups? Any tips or rules you follow that have made a noticeable difference? Cheers!
Post Reply