Noticing Changes After Years of Playing – Am I Alone?

Relaxed discussion about music, musicianship, practice routines, inspiration and general music chat. Talk about anything music related.
Post Reply
User avatar
sam54
Guitar hero
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2026 8:37 am

Noticing Changes After Years of Playing – Am I Alone?

Post by sam54 »

Hey folks, I’ve been playing guitar for about eight years now, and I’ve started to notice some real changes in my playing. I remember when I first picked it up, everything felt so awkward and my fingers just wouldn’t cooperate! But now, my muscle memory is way better, and I can play a lot of what I used to struggle with pretty easily.

However, I’m also feeling a bit lost with my style. I used to stick mainly to rock, but these days I find myself venturing into blues and even some fingerstyle stuff. It’s exciting, but at the same time, I worry that I’m losing my original sound.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of evolution? What long-term effects have you noticed in your own playing? I’d love to hear your stories and maybe get some tips on how to navigate this change.
Post Reply